Tuesday, August 21, 2007

14 1/2 Weeks

Momentous Events....

Alex is in the middle of a huge developmental leap. At least, I think. Anyway, last night she slept through the night, and I'm not talking about the "technical" 5-6 hours that's considered sleeping through the night. She slept from 9-5!!! The only sad thing about it was that I woke up like 16 times because I'm so used to having to get up in the middle of the night. Also, just a few moments ago she started swatting at her zebra with her left hand! She's been reaching out to touch a crinkle sound book that she has, and all of it is just really adorable and great.

I think one of the reasons she slept through the night too was that she saw her physical therapist yesterday and has a whole new set of exercises to working on, and I think the day tired her out. She was wonderful - incredibly nice, very thorough, and very honest. She said that in some ways Alex is fine but that in other ways she's behind, although she qualified it by saying that she thinks she's fine but always wants to be more on the "pessimistic side" in order to be safe. Alex has a whole bunch of different things to do now, like rolling in a sheet and balancing on a beach ball and having to spend more time on her stomach to try and develop use of her elbows and neck. She especially doesn't like that, but she has to do it, and she just cries and cries and it's so sad! But you gotta do what's best for your kid, right? She's so incredibly adorable and I can't wait for everyone to meet her who hasn't.

2 comments:

Kelli's Kaleidoscope said...

Jess,

You're so great at keeping us up to date with Alexis' blog!! It's so fun to hear what she's up to, and what you guys are up to. By the way, I haven't actually met you face to face yet - but I went to high school with Jason, and Paul (my husband) and he were good friends. I guess I should say are good friends - it's just that our husbands are slackers at emailing each other. So I'm so glad that you are better at keeping us up to date through your blog! One day, I hope to meet face to face, too. Until then, keep posting!

Jason Edgerton said...

In my defense I would like to point out that I a very good at emailing...it is just that I only tend to frequently email people who email me back!!!! I therefore place all blame on Paul. So there.