Monday, August 4, 2008

Currently Screaming






She sounds as though she's having the worst morning in the world right now, although the only reason she's crying is because I'm not in the room with her. Poor kid! She's starting to become much more vocal now in general, babbling a lot. It sounds like she is sometimes saying things like "daddy" and "bye", but it's so hard to know! It seems like her whole world is changing right now, and it's hard to get used to. She eats differently, sleeps differently, and plays differently. She also has two top teeth now, but only one of them is in the middle, which makes her look kind of weird when she smiles really big.

Alex is still obsessed with having me read to her, and she likes to curl up in my lap while I'm doing it. She is also obsessed with having Jason chase and tickle her. She ADORES it! He found a ticklish place under her chin and jaw, and he'll wait for her to come get him, and then he'll attack. Alex will run to me and give me a huge hug and bury her face into my arms. Or she'll bend over all the way to her toes and almost fall over, trying to escape but loving it at the same time. It's amazing to hear her just laugh and laugh and laugh.

She's getting so big it seems like. She has a doctor's appointment next week, so we're interested in seeing her stats, especially because she's been such a picky eater the past few weeks. I suppose that's part of being a toddler, though, and she is truly a toddler. We're going to be excited when we finally move and she has true space of her own for playing.

No comments: