Thursday, April 2, 2009

New Tooth

First, apparently last time I forgot to talk about ALex and the ABC's. She can identify the letter A pretty well now, which is very cool! She doesn't do too well with B and C and usually says that C is B. We're working on it. She's gotten pretty good with shapes, too, and can say and identify heart, star, and circle. It's really cute when she says circle. When we were at Target the other day she looked at the bullseye on the shopping cart and said "circle" - it was so cute!

Yesterday she was incredibly cranky. I went to Panera last night to do some grading and Jason said that he thought he knew why she had been so cranky all day. Another tooth was finally creaking through! I had seen the "hole" where I thought one was going to come in a few days ago, and sure enough, this morning I can feel it. It's on the bottom to the left of the two front bottom teeth. That now gives her nine. (Don't most kids have a lot more teeth by her age? :)

And in small news, I apparently left one of her dresser drawers open this morning. I was downstairs and heard what I thought was the beep of a thermometer. Of course she had taken everything out of that drawer that she could, which was bad because of course it had a box of tissues in it, which were everywhere! lol. The cute thing, though, is that the little things in the drawer - aspirator, tylenol, medicine dropper, thermometer, etc. were all lined up neatly on the windowsill. How cute.

I know it's a little early, but Alex does have a birthday wish list on my amazone account. (This is for grandparents.) There's a lot of stuff for her new room on the list from IKEA if you're interested in helping us put it together. We bought a bed for her yesterday, which is exciting, and after I'm done with this class, it will be time to start tackling needed househol projects like getting her new room set up! HOORAY!!!

1 comment:

Sheila Siler said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see her new tooth and hear all of her incredible vocabulary. I hope the boys don't scare her!