Thursday, May 6, 2010

Almost Three

I can't believe that Alexis is going to be three next week. It's a bit bewildering. She remains, however, the cutest little girl in the universe! (I'm not biased at all. I promise.) Last night when we were getting ready for bed, she decided she wanted to build a nest, so she took all of her friends and piled them around her in a corner of her bed. She did the same when she went to sleep. When Jason asked if she was a bird, she responded by saying, "tweet tweet." It cracked me up so much because I have no clue where it came from!

She is having her drama queen moments (or days), but I msotly try to be compassionate and ignore her meltdowns, all at the same time. That sounds contradictory, doesn't it? She has amazing days, and then she'll have a day where she wakes up and just can't deal with anything, especially if I have other things I need to accomplish. However, she's learning to handle herself, which is good. She also, for the most part, adores Micah. For some reason she doesn't like to play with him in the basement much, but they've started having their own special time after lunch before they both take a nap. They hang out in his room and have a blast, just the two of them. Micah loves her; she adores him except when he's trying to grab her stuff.

Micah continues to do more tricks. He is so incredibly mobile now and shoots up the stairs, rarely faltering. I definitely still stay behind hi in case he does, but it takes him about a minute to get from the basement to the kitchen. He also started to try and stand a few days ago. He hasn't done it much, but he'll occasionally let go for a few seconds and wobble a bit on his legs until he falls on his butt. He'll even sometimes walk towards me if I'm holding his hand; he understand the whole putting one foot in front of the other thing, which is cool to see. I don't know if he'll walk as early as Alexis did, but he might. (She started walking around 11 months I think.)

No comments: