Thursday, February 23, 2012

Insomnia + Pink Eye + Water Damage + Sinus Infection = Time For Complaining

This post is not for the faint of heart, or for those who will be offended by my complaining. Okay, so it's not really all that dramatic, nor is it disgusting, but it's 5:30 am here and I haven't gone to bed, so I'm going to complain a little bit about a few things. I get to do that occasionally, right?

Carnaval is over, and as you may have seen on my facebook update, I finally managed to get pegged by a water balloon. This was frustrating on many levels, especially considering I had worked so diligently to avoid the silly string spraying, water bazooka toting, tightly wrapped tiny water balloon throwing festivities. They wrap the water balloons intentionally to make it hurt and then throw them from anywhere, including moving cars. That's how I got hit, and Micah's face was very close to getting hit, and that really made me mad. I don't want to feel like I have to baricade myself in my home in order to protect my children during the week-long free-for-all.

And speaking of being baricaded in our house, we are STILL trying to get in touch with the owner about some issues. It took us weeks to find her about some things (she was in Disneyworld apparently), but the guy to fix stuff hasn't shown up twice and then either didn't fix things at all or things are still broken. The big problem, though, that we have been trying to talk to her about for a week, is that with all the rain, there is suddenly some significant water damage to the walls where windows are. And it's bad in places, like bubbling paint and chips falling off, and I'm really afraid mold is going to start growing. This is bad news and is going to require some significant repairs on her part, and I don't know how that's going to be accomplished. There's a small part of me that is really afraid that we're going to have to move, and if that happens, I might cry harder than when I had packed all of my boxes for shipping and two hours later had to unpack and then repack them. I don't want to move. At all. But water damage is seriosu stuff for a number of reasons.

Alex got pink eye last Friday. Thankfully we caught it pretty early, but the problem is that it was the Friday afternoon before a major four-day holiday, and no one was around to look at her. Fortunately Jason was at a dinner that night with one of the doctor's who used to work for SP, and she told him what we needed, which was a huge help. But she was pretty much out of commission for a few days during the vacation, which really stunk. Oh, and then I started not feeling the best and went to the doctor this morning (first visit free!) and am on a series of shots for antibiotics, which is new for me. But when I woke up this morning and my face was hurting, I knew I couldn't deny the inevitable. They gave me a double shot today (and that one hurt and bruised, I think because it was such a long shot), and I have to go back tomorrow (which is actually today now - all of the other stuff happened yesterday), and then again on Friday. That's kind of a pain, especially when you don't feel good, but at least it will help me get better.

And I could recover much more quickly if I was not closing in on week two of some insomnia. I keep having a really hard time getting to sleep and then waking up every hour or two until about three, and then I basically just doze for the rest of the morning. Except for when I didn't sleep at all tonight. I don't know if it's stress of compounded fear of sleeping because I keep not being able to sleep or what, but I can tell you that I'm actually really, really tired. Something to pray about, right? Maybe I could give up insomnia for Lent...

So that's my grumbling. I'll try not to do it often because, honestly, life is really great here in so many ways. But sometimes a girl just has to air the crap.

5 comments:

Lisa Sundheim said...

So sorry to hear you are in a rough spot. I wonder if some chamomile capsules would help with your insomnia?I have used them before ( when we were jet lagged) and they really helped.
Hope all your housing issues get resolved quickly. You are in our prayers!!

Chris Tappan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Tappan said...

Read your post this morning and this article this evening, so thought I'd share. Interesting at the very least. Praying for you all.

blessings

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16964783

Creative Mind Idea Blog said...

Praying that you'll feel better and that you'll get sleep!

Unknown said...

Absolute Maintenance can accommodate even the toughest job that may result out of Water damage LA. With the years that we stayed in this industry, it will take proven expertise to have gone this far. Great damage entails the best repair to be given. With Absolute Maintenance, no household problem related to intrusion, leaks and other damage related to water will remain. We will fix it for you the first time.